Thursday, August 4, 2016

Warning: Personal post below

38 was always my cut-off age - clearly not getting married, and not getting any younger either, so better focus on creating an heir pretty quick. And that's what I've been doing since January - trying to hop on that baby train. After 5 rounds of IUI (intrauterine insemination, for those not familiar with fertility lingo), I finally got pregnant in June. However, it wasn't a keeper and I had a miscarriage this week.


Going through all of this alone has been hard, but some of my close friends have been amazing - checking in on me every day, offering to take me to the doctor, etc. I know it sounds cruel, but sometimes it takes something like this to make you realize how lucky you are.




Just wanted to provide an explanation for why there haven't been more funny dating stories this year (been focusing on different things, obvi) and why there won't be more blog posts this week (taking a few days off - this week has been hell).






But don't cry for me, Argentina - I am ready to try again and this time I'm bringing out the big guns - IVF. (I didn't really need my retirement money, right?) Unfortunately I have to find a new doctor, because the one I used for IUI won't perform IVF on single women or same-sex couples. (Seriously?? It's 2016. But I digress.) I started an entirely new blog to document this journey, but figured it was time to come clean. Here's hoping the next time has a much more positive outcome.

2 comments:

  1. LOVE YOU SARAH! So proud of you. With you throughout. xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lots of hugs. Also that doctor can shove it.

    ReplyDelete