Monday, October 24, 2011

It's Jerry's World, we're just living in it



Went to the Cowboys game yesterday - so freaking fun. I had only been to the new stadium once before, and that was for a basketball game. And I wasn't in a suite. Which might be how I roll from now on. But I'm getting ahead of myself.


We got to Arlington super early, for a few reasons. 1. we were stupid excited. 2. the Rangers were playing as well, so we were super-nervous about traffic. 3. we didn't really know where we were going. We passed a few parking lots that were $80(!) and decided to move farther away from the stadium. Which was a good call - $20 lot! Much more my speed. I should also add that there were so. Many. People. Just crowds and crowds on every corner, all pretty much wearing the same outfit (Cowboys jersey and jeans). Which I of course was NOT wearing.


We hoofed it over to the stadium and hit the Legends Club before even finding our suite. Because we could. They slapped on our wristbands and we headed to the bar. Free food and drinks all day? You betcha. Then we found our suite - with a private bathroom! - and settled in for some football action.

At halftime we went down to the "event level" (aka the field, which I accidentally called "the court" at one point) to watch the players run back out. Pretty cool. But even cooler was seeing a glimpse of Chace Crawford...sigh.


The good guys won, which was thrilling, and we started placing bets for how long it would take to get home, considering World Series traffic. I was down for an hour and a half, my friend said two hours. As it turned out, the only semi-nightmare came when walking to my car - we passed by these shady apartments and these guys were beating on the gate screaming at us. Thank god it was still light outside - I would have been sprinting if it was dark. There was oddly zero traffic, and we were home in like 20 minutes.


All in all, an awesome day. Really put the "funday" in Sunday. And yes, my wristband is still on. In case I can still access free drinks somewhere.

2 comments:

  1. love it. love all of it. if you keep that wristband on, you can probably get into our pool next summer. AND swim in the deep end!

    ReplyDelete