Thursday, October 13, 2011

Just Desserts

My mom always says I embarrass too easily. Plus I'm a blusher, which makes things even MORE embarrassing. And apparently now I can humiliate myself without anyone else's help. Exhibit A: On Wednesday, we had a bake sale fundraiser for Susan G Komen for the Cure. (why do I write "Race for the CUTE" every time?!) I volunteered to bake cupcakes, and was thrilled to note that a guy I have a crush on was also bringing baked goods. (All together now: Awwwwww.)

So I'm working my little bake sale shift, and noticed the table with pies/cakes up for auction. One of them was a tiramisu, made by the Office Crush. Fancy. No one had bid anything yet, so I decided to take one for the team (who are we kidding here - it was for MYSELF. Screw the team) and placed the opening bid on his tiramisu. $20. And had to include my name and phone number. Right after I did it, I realized how embarrassing this could be. I was basically PAYING him (ok, via charitable donation) to notice me. Plus- would I have to return the lovely dish it came in and strike up some random and likely embarrassing convo? Oh the humanity.

Thank god someone bid $25 and took home the tiramisu. My head doesn't need the stress, and my waistline doesn't need the calories. So it's a win-win.

No comments:

Post a Comment