Monday, October 31, 2011

A spring in my step

A co-worker told me about some place called "Jump Street" (no, NOT 21 Jump Street) which is apparently a huge warehouse full of trampolines. You go and just bounce around. An adult bouncy house, if you will. And I will. I am sooo booking a visit there, with or without Richard Greico.

Growing up, we had a big trampoline in the backyard. Hours and hours were spent double-bouncing friends off the side, doing seat drops, working up to front and back handsprings and flips. Friends and I even made up routines to music - thank you, little lavender boombox from 1986. Then in high school at one of my infamous parties, I heard rumors that people were making out on the tramp(oline - ha). And a couple drunk dudes even spent the night out there. (Sorry, mom)

I do miss the trampoline era - which is why this Jump Street place sounds amazeballs. Although I will most likely stick to seat drops. If I tried a back handspring I would most definitely wind up hospitalized.

3 comments:

  1. I remember the little lavender boom box! Esp at T Bar M when we sang carols around the mini tree - hee hee!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had a pink one! And the "tramp" at the party....hilarious!!!

    ReplyDelete