Monday, August 10, 2015

Next time, we're going out to the movies.

NOTE: I haven't finished watching Bachelor in Paradise, so tomorrow's post will be a double-whammy, recapping Sunday AND Monday. Sorry peeps.

My mom was in town this weekend to help with the house, and she kept joking that it was like she was in prison: she was forced to work hard all day (sometimes in 105 degree heat) for no pay and very little food. Ha.

But I was at least going to reward her with movies. The last time she visited, we talked about The Day After Tomorrow, but she had never seen it. We looked for it on Netflix, but to no avail. A few days after she went home, it was on TV so I recorded it and have been saving it for her ever since. So we eagerly turned it on Friday night, only to find that I had recorded a channel I do not subscribe to, so the recording was blank. (I rented it on iTunes and we were able to watch it after all, but still. Kind of a letdown.)

The second letdown came Saturday night, when we decided to watch School Ties, a classic featuring a baby-faced Matt Damon and Ben Affleck that my mom was excited to watch. Only to find out that I recorded it on a Spanish movie channel, so the movie was totally dubbed en espanol.

Good lord. I am terrible at this.

No comments:

Post a Comment