Wednesday, January 6, 2016

iTunes, you're my only hope

So apparently seeing "The Force Awakens" has awakened some sort of force in me - I felt compelled to pay $20 to buy the first - er, fourth - Star Wars movie and rewatch this weekend. Haven't seen it since like 1985, but I guess all of my Star Wars memories from back in the day were from this movie, because everything (Jabba the Hut! Holograph of Leia! Garbage compactor!) was there. Makes me wonder if I've ever seen 5 and 6 - but I remember the Ewoks, so I guess I have. And dammit I guess I'll have to buy them too. Here's my $60, George Lucas. As if you needed it.

Also: SO obviously James Earl Jones' voice as Darth Vader. (Clearly I didn't know who he was when I was 8.) And what's up with Leia's fake British accent in some parts? Gotta say, the acting isn't great. But I guess that's not the point, is it. #babystepstogeekdom

No comments:

Post a Comment