Wednesday, January 20, 2016

What's it gonna take to get YOU into a car TODAY???

There is little I dread more in life than going to buy a car. Take last night, for example. A salesman called me last week to set up an appointment. His co-worker called yesterday morning to confirm. And yet, when I showed up last night, turns out it was his day off. What the hell. So I sat there for like 20 minutes until someone finally came to talk to me (I had driven 30 minutes to get there; I wasn't just going to turn around and go home). Went for a test drive, and then the nightmare of the Numbers Game began. I said I would be willing to put down $XX and would pay up to $XX per month. He came back, asking if I would put down 6 times that amount, and would pay double the monthly rate I asked. I literally snorted - why would I tell him dollar amounts that I didn't mean - and we are still circling around the numbers. They randomly let me take the car home last night, so I'm enjoying driving it (although terrified of something happening since I don't actually own it), but seriously doubt we will be able to come to an agreement. I think that's what I hate the most about this process - the ridiculous game of chicken, going back and forth for hours. Why can't I just tell you what I want to pay, and you either say yes or no??

#itsnotrocketscience

1 comment: