Monday, January 18, 2016

Not quite elementary, my dear Watson

So we've had "Secret Snowmen" at work for the past two weeks. (Supposed to be Secret Santa, but the organizers fell behind.) You get daily clues, and then have a final clue with a gift at the end where you're supposed to guess your Snowman. I thought mine was a girl named Aimee Hewitt, who I don't know, but one day the clue was Kit Kat, and she was the only person on the survey who said her favorite candy was Kit Kat. (I'm no rocket scientist people.) But one clue threw me - it was a picture of Julie Andrews in Sound of Music, and a picture of Katerina Witt (I was impressed that I was able to identify her, but whatever). So I decided it WAS Aimee Hewitt - "Do-Re-Mi" rhymes with Aimee and "Witt" rhymes with Hewitt! MYSTERY SOLVED. So I excitedly announced my discovery in front of the group, and turns out it was not in fact Aimee Hewitt. And of course I was so certain that I didn't even have a back-up guess. #foiledagain

No comments:

Post a Comment