Monday, March 7, 2011

Am I on Candid Camera. Seriously.

Date yesterday was just BEGGING to be blogged about. I'm sorry. Has to be done. This was yet another Match guy who I've been emailing with off and on for a while, but we finally met up for the first time over the weekend. At his request. He asked what time, I said "5ish." Now, I'm a big fan of "ish," but to me, "5ish" means 5. So I arrived at 5 and texted that I had snagged a table on the patio. He wrote back "Nice." And then the minutes went by. 5:15. 5:25. By 5:30 I'm feeling super pathetic, sitting on the patio by myself, and just knowing that everyone around me is snickering, "ooh, that girl TOTALLY got stood up." (Of course, they probably didn't even NOTICE me, but that's how it felt.)

So at 5:30 I texted again, asking if he was in fact coming. A few minutes later he wrote back that he'd be there in 10. Hmmm. By 6 I was freezing and feeling like a complete loser - online dating is awesome! - and he finally showed up. Said he had a work emergency right around the time I texted that I was on the patio. He felt bad, but I mean he could have easily told me the truth at the beginning and we could have rescheduled. We had time for one drink and then he checked his phone and the work emergency was back.

So that was that. Good times, people. And believe me, at some point I looked around for hidden cameras. You can't make this stuff up. Sigh.

1 comment:

  1. Here's my thing about " work emergencies"... Unless you're a surgeon or organ transplant pilot get over yourself. We all work. We all have things that come up...plan accordingly. Sometimes you'd think my hubby the accountant was in charge of a middle eastern country with his dramatic and oh so urgent "work emergencies".

    ReplyDelete