Monday, March 21, 2011

The "Sarah" way of doing things

Being a single gal in the big city means having to figure some crap out for yourself. And yes, I am prone to panic, but here are some things I do that, while probably not the most practical/smartest, seem to work just fine for me.

1. Kill wasps/other scary bugs by spraying them to death with Lysol/hairspray/whatever aerosol can happens to be closest. (sorry, environment.) This happened on Saturday and I was especially proud of myself.

2. Killed a lizard once by somehow chasing him into the tub and drowning him. (sorry, PETA.) If it wasn't clear, I don't like to step on things and hear that "crunch." I have also been known to vacuum up anything dead - don't like to touch that stuff either.

3. Hang paintings/posters/etc. with double-stick tape or push-pins. CLASSY.

4. Plastic dishes. After a ceramic plate shattered and sliced my leg open (requiring 9 stitches, thankyouverymuch), I go with safety over quality and stick with plastic. Should I ever get married, think how cheap my registry will be! WINNING.

5. Get the Jiffy Lube guys to put air in my tires whenever I get my oil changed. Don't know how to do it myself and honestly don't really want to learn.

These are the basics. I'm sure there are many more. Yet another chapter for my book.

1 comment:

  1. Maximizing sources for assistance, e.g. getting the pizza delivery guy to remove the mouse from your apt.

    ReplyDelete