Thursday, March 10, 2011

Not as dumb as I look (sometimes)

Love when I'm smarter than I thought I was. This actually happens to me on a near-daily basis: I freak out about something and then realize I already took care of it a while ago. Was just scrolling through days and days of deleted emails, looking for an e-ticket confirmation for a trip, and happened to try my "Travel" folder in my email box, just for grins. Sure enough, it was in there, safe and sound. Man I'm smart.

I bought a brand-new sweater and wore it for the first (and only) time to Colorado for Christmas. Really wanted to wear it a few weeks ago and realized I hadn't seen it since I got back. Looked in the "sweater" closet and in the "sweater" drawer (don't ask), and nada. So then I got all pissy at my poor mother, blaming her for swiping it while I was at her house (she has done this before, I assure you). She said it was no longer in Colorado, told me to check the dry cleaners, my suitcase, blah blah. Then over the weekend I was grabbing something out of yet ANOTHER closet, and BAM. Sweater. Hanging quietly. Man I'm smart.

Or really, really stupid.

2 comments:

  1. Always blame the Mother. Or the dog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Since I don't have a dog, it's always mom, all the time.

    ReplyDelete