Tuesday, March 8, 2011

White vans scare me.


You know the ones I'm talking about. The child molestor vans. Apologies to anyone who drives one. Actually, scratch that. Get a new vehicle, creepo. ANYway. My scariest moment ever involved a white van, so gather round for story time.
It was a few months ago, and I was coming home from a bar in Uptown around midnight. I was pulling up to a stop sign at like Lemmon/Turtle Creek, and I was behind a child molestor van. All of a sudden, the van put on its hazard lights and came to a stop. The car next to me also stopped, so I was completely blocked in. I immediately started to panic (shocking, I know), and when the back doors of the van flew open and three guys jumped out, I almost fainted. 100% certain I was about to be car-jacked/raped/murdered/taken on a scary joy ride, I made sure my doors were locked and started semi-hyperventilating.
Um, turns out the van had stalled and the dudes in back were getting out to help push. I think the car next to me was their friend, as well. So I unglued my knuckles from the steering wheel and went on home. But for a good 30 minutes I could still hear my heart beating in my ears.
Perhaps I have watched one too many Lifetime TV movies?? Still - I avoid the white vans whenever possible.

4 comments:

  1. When you purchase the above van you should be put on a predator list. I'm writing my congressman

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish these comments had a "like" button.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I TOTALLY agree! I think the same thing when I see one!!! OR, if they're not child molestors, they're full of explosives.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The people that built your house rely on those vans.

    ReplyDelete