Wednesday, July 20, 2011

The 80's should pay me.

I am single-handedly bringing the awesomeness of the 80s to a new generation. (You're welcome, kids.) The two girls on my team at work are young. Like 25 and 22. YOUNG. Which means they were barely alive in the 80s, nonetheless up-to-date on pop culture of the time. We're having an 80s party at work tomorrow, so costume ideas and music selections have been floating around. And every time I mention something from a classic 80s movie, the girls look at me blankly. Sigh.

So I'm taking it upon myself to give them a tutorial on 80s 101: The Good, the Bad, and the Mullets. The first order of business: force them to watch the movies that I quote from on a daily basis. Thank god they have both seen The Breakfast Club, but one hasn't even seen Sixteen Candles. WTF. Or Weird Science. Or Some Kind of Wonderful. Or Goonies. Or Ghostbusters - although one said she had seen the cartoon. Which is NOT the same thing. So to start them out, I'm lending them classics from my personal DVD collection. One is watching Revenge of the Nerds, and the other is watching Girls Just Wanna Have Fun. I have asked for an oral book report on Monday.

Up next: mega mixes with all the classic tunes. Good thing I have about 5000 applicable songs on my iTunes.

2 comments:

  1. It's a shame they missed out on the awesomeness of the 1980s. You're doing them a great service by exposing them to the greatness of that era.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ghostbusters the cartoon? That's just insulting.

    ReplyDelete