Monday, July 11, 2011

Airbrush tanning and summers in Texas don't mix

Bought a birthday Groupon for airbrush tanning, and decided to give it a try on Friday after work. When it was a balmy 105 degrees out. First of all, I totally felt like one of the kids on Toddlers and Tiaras, standing there half-naked with my arms outstretched and a shower cap on my head. She gave me two coats (!) and said it would continue to get tanner overnight (!!). Oh god. On a positive note, it smelled like cake. But on the negative side, it just never dried.

Probably not the best idea to go on a date immediately afterward, but regardless I kept dabbing my head/wrists/neck with a napkin and was horrified to see the white napkin had turned burnt orange. And I'm not a UT fan, so there was really nothing good about this. I felt obligated to explain to my date why I was changing colors in front of him, and luckily he found it extremely amusing. But I was miserable - couldn't cross my legs because a pool of brown goop would form, and I asked him to check the back of my dress when we got up to leave in case it looked like I had had an accident. Sigh.

Plus the fact that even after sleeping in pajama pants (per the airbrusher's suggestion), my sheets were STILL tanned the next morning. Luckily after working out and showering, enough came off that I felt semi-confident to wear a white dress to my party. But I doubt I will be booking another appointment any time soon. At LEAST until it cools down a bit. Yeesh.

No comments:

Post a Comment