Friday, July 29, 2011

Freaking Europe and their Monopoly money

So since England doesn't take the euro, I had to get two pre-paid debit cards, one in pounds and the other in euros (for France). Side bar: how cool that they offer this! Obviously it's been quite a while since I've been abroad...

Yesterday I decided to check the balance on my English card, and it gave me a bigger total than I had originally deposited. Thinking I had won some sort of foreigners lottery, I took the liberty of cashing out before they realized their mistake, rolled around in the money on my bed, and gave some to Heather for her trip home. Then in the middle of the night, I realized the number was probably a sum of my euros and pounds. So this morning I checked the balance on my French card...0. (insert Debbie Downer music here.)

So bizarre - but thank god I didn't dash off to Harrod's for some crazed shopping spree. Just exchanged the extra pounds for euros so I can have a shopping spree in Paris like a normal person. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment