Tuesday, July 19, 2011

A season of the Bachelorette just wouldn't be complete without a cheesy REO Speedwagon tune

Seriously had to fast-forward through the couple-skate scenario. (Although admittedly I do like that song and the entire REO Speedwagon collection. And hell - couple skating is awesome.) But JP's hometown date made it up to me with his Bar Mitzvah poster. Holy mullet, Batman. And he DID look like Kirk Cameron! Totally brought me back to Temple Emanuel in 7th grade for the bazillion Bar and Bat Mitzvahs we attended. Good times, peeps.

Constantine's date was so My Big Fat Greek Wedding I almost needed some Windex. But what a cute family. Although how they wound up in small-town Georgia, I will never know. Seems like the entire clan lives there, though. And semi-bizarre that they operate an Italian restaurant, but I guess it's very "why can't we all just get along?"

Ben Affff is bordering on sappy to me, but I do feel for the guy, losing his dad and all. Plus the whole "I make wine" thing is seriously awesome, so bonus points for that.

And Ames. Poor sweet nerdball Ames. His sister (?) knew it was over. Ashley knew it was over. (Anyone else notice how she totally pulled away first from the kiss??) But poetic little Ames was blindsided. I'm sure he will be just fine - probably write a screenplay about this experience or something.

So finally down to the final three. Another interminable season. And now I have "I Can't Fight This Feeling" in my head. Sigh.

1 comment:

  1. yeah ... this kid in milla's class has a family as greek as the movie and yet they run one of the most successful pizza chains in the triangle. go f'ing figure.

    ReplyDelete