Thursday, July 28, 2011

There are worse places to be lost

Last night Heather and I were supposed to meet work people at a bar for a Pub Quiz event (I assume this is like a trivia night or something). We walked back to our hotel to drop off our laptops and headed out, using my chicken-scratch handwritten directions. (Can't figure out how to use the printers here.) Mind you, I wrote down the directions, but I failed to write down the name of the actual bar. Heather had no cash, so a cab was kind of out of the question since we had neither money nor location. So we walked. And we walked. One of the streets in my notes was London Bridge Street, and since we kept seeing signs for London Bridge, we headed that way. (No other streets on my "map" ever appeared.) Ended up ON the London Bridge, which, while cool, was NOT where we were supposed to go. Our cell phones don't work here, so we had no way of calling anyone, so we just shrugged and figured out a way back to our hotel. 2 hour walk, much? And restaurants close here at 10, so by the time we got back to the hotel at 10:30, we were famished and sweaty, yet exhilarated by our excursion.

And somehow we got up and ran 8 miles through the beautiful parks around Buckingham Palace. Life doesn't suck.

No comments:

Post a Comment