Monday, July 18, 2011

French fries...french bread...french dressing...




Getting pretty psyched about my jaunt to Paris. But I'm quickly realizing that my limited knowledge of the French language (one semester in college! Woooo!) could be troublesome, especially considering the French people probably won't be super helpful when I ask questions in English. (Of course, I'm semi-fluent in Spanish, but that won't help much, either.)



My "impressive" French repertoire (ooh! another French word I know!) includes knowing how to say the following:



Hello, goodbye, good morning, good evening, nice to meet you, I am American, my name is Sarah, I don't speak French (ironically, I can say that in French), I would like, mineral water, numbers (um, up to 20), white wine (!), champagne/croissants (duh), and where is the bathroom. Actually, that might be all I need. White wine, croissants, and the bathroom. Bring it, France.

2 comments:

  1. seriously -- since french and spanish are both romance languages, you'll be able to READ a lot more than you think. for reals.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't get over the greatness of your "Better off Dead" reference. Please don't let those frenchies put their tentacles all over you.

    ReplyDelete