Thursday, September 1, 2011

Found a perfect place for Most Eligible Dallas to film...

...Glass. Went there over the weekend, and it was pretty much what I expected: Douche-ville. First of all, $10 to valet. Never a good sign. Plus you feel obligated to stay for a while to justify the price of parking...so we did. Gave it the ol' college try. And failed out after a semester.

All the girls there (waitresses included) were wearing the shortest, tightest "dresses" (probably shirts) I have ever seen. And sky-high stripper heels. (I'm sure any guys that read this are running over there right now...)

You couldn't sit down anywhere because every booth in the place was "reserved," although it was 10:30 and empty...

There was no sign on the bathroom doors indicating which was guys and which was girls. I was praying that it wasn't an Ally McBeal unisex situation, but luckily we guessed correctly and found the ladies room.

Glasses of wine were $14, but oddly the specialty drinks were a "steal" at $10, so we settled on a random Skinny Berry Guava something-or-other that I sipped on all night because hell if I was going to drop more than $20 on drinks. No ma'am. Not this cheapskate.

We attempted to make conversation with a few dudes, but nothing came of it, so we did what all girls do in that situation: hit the dance floor. Oddly I did know a few of the songs - kind of assumed it would be all house/techno with no words - but after that, we felt we had done all we could do, and got the hell out of there. (Of course, had to check myself in on Facebook beforehand. Because that's what I do.)

But long story short(ish), I think the cast of Most Eligible Dallas would be uber comfortable at Glass. It's their kind of people. Not mine. You're welcome, Bravo producers.

1 comment:

  1. Sorry I am commenting on every post today...but that's nothing new

    First off, why name it Glass...simply impossible to find on the web. I think I accidentally am getting a new windshield on my car from clicking on the wrong stuff.

    Second, in my best Comic Bookstore Guy voice "Worst Website Ever!". Seriously, maybe I could make them one and they would wave the valet fee and give us two free glasses of wine...that's like a $50 value. For your opposite of viewing pleasure http://www.glassuptown.com/

    ReplyDelete