Thursday, September 8, 2011

I'm a poster-making fool. Or maybe just a fool.

Our office is taking cookies from Tiff's Treats to a local firehouse today in honor of the 10th anniversary of 9/11. I made some tragic posters to bring along that say things like "USA!" and "Thank You, Heroes!" - hell, I even put little gold star stickers all over them. And therefore we will be telling the firemen and women that children of our employees made them. Although that's probably degrading to kids, who could no doubt make much better posters.

Slight poster-ish tangent: while shopping for the supplies, I saw colored paint pens which write on car windows. I know this is not exactly a new invention, since I always see cars in Highland Park boasting about "Seniors 2027!", but growing up we used white SHOE POLISH, people. (Which of course we already owned to shine up the saddle shoes...) I haven't shoe polished anyone's car since then - oh, except for my mom's 50th birthday. ("Honk! I'm 50!" She was not amused.)

And now that I'm talking about it, I would really like to shoe polish someone's car here in the next month or so. Just a heads up.

1 comment:

  1. i am TOTALLY with you, seniors 2027 with their stupid high tech paint pens to the shoe polish to wanting to do it to someone else. i don't think mark would be amused, unfortunately. CONGRATS ON THE PROMOTION!!??

    ReplyDelete