Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Officially The. Most. Random. Post. Ever.




For some reason, I started humming Yankee Doodle yesterday. (See? RANDOM.) But I sadly realized I couldn't remember the words. Thanks to Google, I read them. And I'm sorry - the lyrics are weird.



Exhibit A: "Mind the music and the step and with the girls be handy." HANDY? As in "let me come over and caulk your tile" handy? Or as in handsy?



Exhibit B: "There we saw the men and boys as thick as hasty pudding." Really not sure what


was going on down at Captain Gooding's camp, but it sounds a little shady. Plus who knows WHAT'S in hasty pudding.



Exhibit C: "There was Captain Washington, upon a slapping stallion..." Just providing some interesting visuals. That's all I'm saying.

And now, if you'll excuse me, I'm off to make macaroni. You know, by sticking a feather in my cap or something.


No comments:

Post a Comment