Monday, September 12, 2011

Waterproof mascara. Stat.

Just when I thought I had cried all my tears for 9/11, yesterday turned out to be quite the sob-fest, 10 years later. Hit me first driving to the grocery store in the morning - the station was playing all patriotic songs, all the time (ah, Lee Greenwood's Proud to be an American. And followed by Whitney Houston's version of the Star-Spangled Banner? I was a goner.).

I semi-pulled it together (got out of the grocery store right before their "moment of silence," which I'm sure would have brought out the waterworks), and was doing okay for most of the afternoon, but then started watching the re-broadcast of A Concert for New York on vH1, and totally lost it. And then lost it again watching a Dateline special while lying in bed last night. Which meant I couldn't sleep. Thank god for seemingly constant reruns of Friends on Nick at Nite.

No comments:

Post a Comment