Friday, June 5, 2015

A few more "firsts" to check off the list

Buying a house by myself means learning a bunch of crap I never thought I would have to know. Or really wanted to know. For example:

  • How to kill slugs (aside from pouring salt on them, but that's just fun kid stuff)
  • How to rake a lawn (I know, this one is embarrassing. I even asked how the leaves got into the bags after they had been raked.)
  • How to mow a lawn (still in the learning process on this one)
  • How to use a power drill (kind of obsessed)
  • How to put together a hammock stand/bed frame/shelving units/towel racks/curtain rods/you name it
  • The names of a crapload of tools and lawn care products (I am now the proud owner of a spreader and something called "weed and feed")
  • What a soaker hose is and how to use it
  • When to water plants (my answer to this one is "when they look dead")
  • And many many more.
Look for my handywoman show, D-I-Why Not, coming soon to HGTV. Ha.

No comments:

Post a Comment