Monday, June 8, 2015

Invasion of the pod people? Or just overly-friendly neighbors? You be the judge.

My across-the-street neighbors are super nice, but they're almost too involved. They met at their 50-year reunion (aw) and have been married for 5 years. Both retired, they basically sit at the window and watch the street. Which is great from a security standpoint, but not really from a privacy one. Every single time I go outside, it's like they've been waiting for me and one or both of them pounces. Sometimes it's great - Saturday the wife followed me into my backyard (which nearly gave me a heart attack) and invited me over to swim, since they had seen me mowing the lawn (and they see everything). So I agreed, and their pool (and the accompanying glass of wine) was glorious. But other times it's not so great -  the husband emailed me a few times last week about renting a wood splitter (like I know what that is), and I didn't get a chance to write back. So on Sunday he emailed again, saying "you've never taken this long to respond before - are you okay?!" (Mind you, I have known these people for all of two weeks.) Good lord man. Although again, if I were trapped under something heavy this would be a good way to let someone know...

The wife saw me outside yesterday afternoon and brought over some homegrown tomatoes. Which I sincerely appreciate. And sincerely hope they didn't drug.

No comments:

Post a Comment