Monday, June 29, 2015

TMI

I ran a 10K a few weeks ago. I think I have mentioned that I no longer train for races and just go out there and hope for the best. This time, although it was ridiculously humid and I was drenched in sweat by mile 1, it wasn't my body that gave out - it was my underwear. I chose to wear a very comfortable - yet as it turns out, very loose - pair of granny panties under my running shorts. Big mistake. Huge.

Immediately the undies started sliding down, and the entire race I had to keep shoving my hands down my shorts to pull them up (sorry, fellow runners). I was seriously tempted to run behind a bush and just take them off and go commando, but felt that would be inappropriate. Equally inappropriate, though, was the end of the race when I gave up and let them hang down underneath my shorts.

It was not a good look, people. Not at all. I totally earned my finishers medal that day.

No comments:

Post a Comment