Monday, June 22, 2015

No "love" of tennis over the weekend

Found a tennis center near my house, so dusted off my racket and headed over on Saturday for a group lesson. However, the instructor was sick, so the class was cancelled. Since I was already in my tennis finery, I decided not to waste an opportunity, so rented the ball machine. The kid who set it up clearly didn't know what he was doing, and the oscillation was set on the highest level. (aka the balls were shooting so far apart across the court that I was sprinting to even try to make contact.) I tried to fix it myself but couldn't, so resigned myself to getting an amazing workout (sweat was literally dripping off my eyelashes). After an hour or so, the head of the center finally came over and asked what the hell I was doing, and how long had the machine been like this. Doubled over, I panted "an hour!" and he fixed it for me. My god what a difference a few turns of the wrist makes. At least I was able to knock out 29000 steps on my pedometer. #silverlining

No comments:

Post a Comment