Wednesday, July 7, 2010

I'm kind of a star f*cker

...at least when it comes to workout tapes. Recently bought Bethenny Frankel's "Body by Bethenny" yoga DVD and it's actually not bad. (I'm no yogi, so who knows.) It happily joins my Jackie Warner DVD (the lesbian gym owner from the Bravo show "Work Out") - also a toughie.

I guess celebrities shelling their workout products speak to me. Of course, most of them have a personal trainer, a personal chef and most likely an eating disorder, so these workouts aren't going to produce similar results, but it makes me FEEL like they will. And that's half the battle.

Back in the VHS days, my celebrity workout fandom peaked with the embarassing-to-admit Jennie Garth and Cher step aerobic tapes. (Not Jennie and Cher TOGETHER, although that might have been a best-seller.) But I guess it all began with Alyssa Milano and "Teen Steam" (gotta let it out - anyone?). Oh the humanity.

But I draw the line at the Girls Next Door workout tape. And probably won't be buying Kim Kardashian's "Fit Into Your Jeans by Friday," although I have thought seriously about buying the Carmen Electra Cardio Striptease box set. Don't judge.

2 comments:

  1. i've been telling mark about teen steam! i don't think he believes me. and at first i did think you meant that jennie garth and cher did a step video together. i totally would have shelled out $100 for that vintage tape on ebay.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And now I can't stop singing the "Teen Steam" song. Sigh.

    ReplyDelete