Monday, July 12, 2010

Karaoke Cab. I must own one.

Y'all. This thing was hilariousness. Pulls up to my apartment complete with neon lights underneath and strobe lights that you can see through the windows. Then the door slides open and all this smoke comes out from the SMOKE MACHINE. Yes please.

The guy passed out the microphones, the little DVD screen came down with the song lyrics, and the fun began. Our playlist:

1. (You've got) The Right Stuff
2. Summer of 69
3. Material Girl
4. Sweet Caroline - which was still playing as we pulled up to the packed patio of the bar. Everyone did a complete double-take as we emerged like some sort of sci-fi movie, with smoke and lights and me still singing "hands...touching hands...reaching out...touching me...touching you..." Talk about making an entrance.

Then on the way home our numbers were fewer, but the vocals were still strong:

5. All Out of Love
6. Burning Love (this one didn't go so well)

Yay for Monday (the owner's name) and his genius invention, the Karaoke Cab. I will be saving that number in my cellphone forever.

1 comment:

  1. I still think you should just sit in the parking lot at the Loon and crank it out from there. I'm thinking Channel 8 News

    ReplyDelete