Monday, November 1, 2010

Embarrassing confession time.


In all my time at UNC, I never went to a basketball game in the Dean Dome. I went to the Blue-White game my freshman year, but that's IT. I could blame it on the fact that I had no desire to camp out overnight and had a better "view" from the bar TV, but it's really a pretty shallow excuse. Now, I've been to two Final Four games in San Antonio (and both times we lost - not saying there's a connection, but it was a little traumatizing), but more than ten years after graduation and this is getting ridiculous.


So today I sucked it up and bought two nosebleed tix for the 12/4 game against Kentucky. Helluvan opponent, and god-willing we will play better than we did last year. But it really won't matter - the point is, I will BE there. Waaaaay up at the top of the arena. Look for me on TV - I'll be wearing blue.

5 comments:

  1. Maybe I was the jinx. If the Heels win, you'll never let me go to another game!! So conflicted. :0(

    ReplyDelete
  2. It WOULD be easier to blame that Kansas loss on you... :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I could take part of the blame for that Kansas loss, but I've been to so many games in person that they won I don't think it would work.

    Have a great time at the game.

    ReplyDelete
  4. you should take me with you (ha!). and get me to have another kid. we win a championship every time i have a kid in ch. ! and btw, that's pathetic, sarah!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm HOPING to take you with me. And well aware of the patheticness. Well aware. :)

    ReplyDelete