Monday, November 29, 2010

My biological clock has stopped

...taking care of three dogs, a cat and my mother for a week will do that to a person.

Over Thanksgiving, I dog-sat for two sweet labs, Hank (who we re-named "Moose" b/c he is just gigantic) and Lucy (who we re-named "Black Shadow" b/c that thing is as dark as the night - which I can attest to after tripping over her on the way to the bathroom), and my brother brought his crazy little white fluffy dog, Butters (aka "Squirrel," to go with "Moose"), to complete the menagerie. (The cat, Chico, was barely seen after the arrival of doggie #3 - at least until it was time to cook the turkey. Then we couldn't shake her.)

Some lessons I learned:

1. Dogs like bread. LOAVES of bread.
2. Dogs also like swimming pools. Even when it's 35 degrees outside. (Butters jumped in accidentally when she was being chased by the bigger dogs and simply ran out of room. Turns out, she's an excellent doggie-paddler.)
3. I no longer gag when opening wet cat food. (Yay!)
4. I can clean up litter boxes like a pro. Also, without gagging. (Double yay!)
5. Doggie vomit, however, makes me gag.

Good times all around. Someone get me a fish for Christmas. Because that's about all I can handle. :)

3 comments:

  1. How about STEPPING in doggie vomit? Works for me. You could do a whole blog on "Things that make me vomit".

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Jeez. I'm thinking it's best I don't know all the details. Thank you Sarah and Family for being amazing troopers on our behalf!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, Kelly. Ignorance is bliss. Your pets are amazeballs, though. (In a good way)

    ReplyDelete