Thursday, August 23, 2012

An ode to Laura Ashley

Flipping through the channels last night and caught a bit of Ferris Bueller's Day Off. I don't think I ever realized that his sister (played by a pre-nose job Jennifer Grey) had the exact Laura Ashley bedspread that I had growing up. (I may have also had the coordinating wallpaper and curtains. Let's remember it was the 80s.)

God I loved Laura Ashley. Every time I went to Wimbledon with my dad, we would go to the Laura Ashley store in London and I would get a long floral dress that, looking back now, looked like something one of the Sister Wives would wear:

It's also possible I owned this:



Oh lord. Let's make this a "Damn you, Laura Ashley!" post instead.

2 comments:

  1. Oh wow, I totally had at least one of those Laura Ashley rompers! I'd completely forgotten about them (and for good reason).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I mean, it's fairly tragic on all levels.

    ReplyDelete