Thursday, August 30, 2012

You go, girls

Saw the Indigo Girls last night. They sang a bunch of old songs (including a rousing rendition of "Closer to Fine," which they had the audience stand up and sing along to), and some new ones. But coolest of all, they were backed up by the Dallas Symphony Orchestra - and a female conductor. Not sure if I missed the memo that we had a woman leading the band (I'm sure they love being called a "band") - but it was awesome. She was so tiny and cute and was obviously having a helluva time up there.

Seeing her reminded me of my secret dream: to be the first female referee in the NFL. Not that I follow the NFL very much or even know anything about refereeing besides yelling "touchdown!" and throwing in an occasional "face mask! 5 yard penalty!" Plus, the uniforms (um, typed "outfits" first) are fug. No - for me, it's more about having my voice blared throughout the stadium and on national television.

However, I will no longer be the first. Dammit. Maybe the NBA could use me.

No comments:

Post a Comment