Friday, August 3, 2012

What a compliment! Or not.

On Wednesday, the CEO came up to me and asked for a favor: his wife was going out of town and he was bringing his son (14) and daughter (16) to work on Thursday. He wondered if his daughter could hang out with me and my team for the day. Honored, I of course said yes - I've met her before, and she's adorable. Plus - the CEO wouldn't ask us if he didn't think we were trustworthy, exemplary employees (plus a ton of fun), right?? But then I thought more about it - maybe he asked us because he figured we don't do much during the day and why not entertain a teenager...

Regardless, yesterday went fine. We saved some semi-fun projects for her, took her to lunch, and promptly ran out of things for her to do around 2pm. But we gave her back to her dad alive, and I guess that's all that counts?

No comments:

Post a Comment