Wednesday, August 22, 2012

I approve this message.

The presidential campaign is heating up - I've already had to hide a few overly political friends on Facebook - and it reminded me of my own illustrious political career. 

Vice President, Lamplighter Layers (4th grade) - it was kind of a coup that a girl ran for such a "high" office, as I recall. I think my only job was to call role, but hey. We were dealing with a bunch of chickens. Literally.

President, Middle School Student Council (8th grade) - I won because I made a funny speech. I sat on the ground and basically did a monologue acting like Edith Ann which made no sense and had nothing to do with being student council president. But everyone loved it and I won. And then they made a rule that speeches couldn't be funny anymore. Whoopsie.

President, Junior Class - this was one of my favorites. Toughest year of high school, and a tough gig - but fun.

Vice President, Student Council (12th grade) - I didn't want to be President again, and all of our friends were in the big student council positions, so Vice President sounded like a good plan. My speech was based around the letters VP, for example: "The Vast Power of the Vice President gets overlooked by a Variety of People." And I think the ending was "Think Sarah for Vice President - Vote Please!" Teachers came up to me later and said they were still coming up with "v" and "p" words in the teachers lounge. Glad I could be of service.

In summary, I should probably steer clear of running for office - but might look into speechwriting.

1 comment:

  1. No public office for you. Too many unsavory relatives!

    ReplyDelete