Monday, August 13, 2012

The city so nice, they named it twice

Fun times in NY! The weather wasn't great, but still. It's New York. We had a nice leisurely lunch on Thursday, wandered around the West Village (super cute!!), and had a drink on the roof of the hotel (amazeballs). Then a fun group dinner and drinks. I loved it there, but I felt like everyone in the city just looked cooler than me. (And probably were.) The next morning was crazy rainy, which made for a loooong cab ride - but by the time we got to our lunch destination, it was sunny again. And might I add, our lunch destination was the home of the Colombian ambassador to the UN. Holy five-story NYC mansion. Complete with servants. And elevators. And champagne. I thought we had chicken, but was told later it was lamb. Hmmm. Unfortunate, considering I haven't eaten lamb since like the early 1990s, but what can you do.

We hopped aboard the Jitney, which was much more luxurious than I thought, and headed to the Hamptons. Seriously - I want a Jitney. Movie. Free drinks/wine/snacks/newspaper. Bathroom. Could be a lot worse for a three and a half hour ride.

Next up: Sarah Does The Hamptons.

2 comments:

  1. it's possible. i kind of dry heave just thinking about it. so let's just say it was chicken.

    ReplyDelete