Wednesday, August 8, 2012

From Big D to the Big Apple


Last blog post until Monday because I'm off to New York tomorrow! The above is true - I DO heart New York. Haven't been in like 10 years, but still. (I'm sure it hasn't changed a bit - ha!)

The most exciting part: we'll be in the Hamptons for the weekend. Now, all I know about the Hamptons is what I've seen on TV - the Jitney (Sex and the City) and the crazy homes and parties (Real Housewives of NY). And in my mind, I imagine everyone wearing Lilly Pulitzer and plaid shorts and topsiders. And I'm sure in reality they do NOT. Which means when I bust all of these things out of my suitcase, I will scream "tourist!" (Actually, my incessant Facebook check-ins and constant photos will do that for me.)

But I think I will just embrace being a tourist. Might even buy a Statue of Liberty headpiece and wear it around. Look how awesome:


NY might never let me come back. I better live it up. Start spreading the news.

1 comment: