Monday, November 9, 2015

London baby!

Delayed 6 hours out of DFW due to mechanical problems, and found myself in the middle seat of that dreaded 5-seat row. Luckily I only had to go to the bathroom twice in 8 hours. (The 10-hour flight home could be another story.) Watched Trainwreck, and felt bad for the elderly French couple next to me who I'm sure could see the sex scenes and thought poorly of both Americans and American filmmaking. But arrive in London I did, sweaty and disgusting, but alive - and hallelujah, so did my luggage!

I went to Harrods yesterday, mastering the subway to do so. Man it's hot down there. Which means more sweat. Which means today I utilized the hotel laundry service for the first time ever. I'm sorry - 10 days over here plus sweaty clothes equals gross. Problem solved! For dinner I found a cute little restaurant on the bank of the Thames and had a really good salad and some wine. #becauseeurope

Went for a jog this morning - also down the Thames - and got to hear Big Ben chime. Pretty awesome. Planning on going back tonight to get a good pic of - wait for it - Look kids! Big Ben! Parliament! - and found a cute sushi place I might have to try.

It always tickles me to see what random American shows are on TV here. This morning? Back-to-back episodes of Third Rock from the Sun. Which, although funny, are so outdated they mentioned President Clinton. And they didn't mean Hillary.

Attempted porridge this morning - thought it would be like oatmeal, but it was grosser - and felt obliged to drink some English tea. Now a thrilling day at work - here's hoping I don't fall asleep at my desk, although I do that almost every day in Dallas so I really can't blame jet lag.

#soeuro

No comments:

Post a Comment