Wednesday, November 11, 2015

London Bridge - not falling down, but looking good from above

So I have found a cure for my insomnia/jet lag: split a bottle of wine at dinner. Slept like a baby. Ha.
Last night went to dinner with my former boss, who now lives in London. She provided lots of dinner options, and I of course went for the most touristy spot - because of the 360-degree views of the city, duh!

This is the building, and the restaurant was on the 32nd floor:


Oddly, there's an elevator to take you directly to that level, but you're not supposed to push the elevator buttons! Every 15 seconds, the doors close and if you're inside, you get rocketed to the top. Not sure what the point of having elevator buttons is if you can't push them, but I guess it's #becauseeurope.

The views from the restaurant were spectacular. For example:

 

I mean, seriously. London for the win. We took Uber to the restaurant - turns out Uber abroad is the same as Uber in the US, just with a British accent. Good to know. And speaking of accents, what amazes me about this city is how international it is. Everyone is speaking different languages all around you, and no one bats an eye. Pretty cool.

Today is my last day here before I head to Austria, so I'm living it up: lunch with a friend, high tea, and checking out Carnaby Street and Notting Hill (and of course hoping to run into Hugh Grant). Because my car is coming at 2am (!) to take me to the airport, I will most likely blog tonight about today. Get excited.

No comments:

Post a Comment