Sunday, April 3, 2011

Nothing says love like a little Winger


Went to a wedding this weekend and the band was Poison Cherry - this amazeballs Poison/80s hair-band cover band. I'm sure the grandparents in the audience were a bit horrified, but I danced for like three solid hours. And when they pulled all the girls on stage for "Girls, Girls, Girls," you better believe I was loving every minute of it.


I bumped into one of the guitarists during their break, and he started chatting me up. (Very cute, but it DOES make you wonder if these long-haired wonders have 9-5 jobs.) He asked my name, and told me his name was "Bobby Balls." Or "Eric." Of course I went with option #1.


Playlist included "Nothin' But a Good Time," "Here I Go Again," "Sweet Child of Mine," "Rock and Roll All Night," "Pour Some Sugar on Me," and of course "Every Rose Has its Thorn." To which I busted out my best 7th grade slow-dance swaying moves.


It was their first time playing at the Dallas Museum of Art, but B. Balls told me they were "bringing a little culture to the joint." Rock on, man.

1 comment:

  1. Everybody should do this. The really old folks aren't going to dance anyway, even if the band does play "My Way".

    ReplyDelete