Monday, April 11, 2011

Planes, trains and automobiles

My brother and I flew to Colorado this weekend to surprise my mom for her birthday. The weekend was a success, but there were some hiccups along the way, travel-wise. First off, my shuttle driver from the Park N Fly told me my flight was leaving from terminal D. (My flights NEVER leave from terminal D.) So that's where he dropped me off. Turns out my flight was in terminal A. So I got nice and familiar with the Skylink at DFW. My brother had his own headache in the Austin airport - TSA pat-down. He tells the story much better than I could, but basically it seems like these people have The. Worst. Job. In. The. World. The guy was giving a play-by-play: "I'm going up your inseam, sir. Using the back of my hand, not my palm. Back of my hand, sir." "I'm going to run two fingers along the waist of your pants, sir. Two fingers." Shoot me now. But of course I was dying laughing picturing this total violation of privacy. Then we arrived in Denver and hopped on the tram to get to baggage claim, as we've done hundreds of times. And somehow found ourselves on the train bound to nowhere. Literally it made three stops and we finally got off, and we were back at terminal B. Never stopped at baggage claim. I swear. On the way back to Dallas, I sat next to a total weirdo who balanced her checkbook the entire flight. Two hours. And you know I sneaked a peek. I'm only human. Travel nightmares aside, I think my mom rang in 60 with a bang. Which is non-refundable. :)

1 comment: