Thursday, March 29, 2012

Does it include the hokey pokey?


Got a Groupon yesterday for a roller skating package. (Do these advertisers know me, or WHAT?)


I opened up the offer and was rather amused by this descriptive blurb:


Westlake Skate Center’s expansive indoor rink twinkles under a hanging canopy of lights as four-wheeled feet soar across the sleek floor. Music and black lights crank up the energy as guests lace up traditional skates or rollerblades and blast off after friends. The rink hosts birthday parties complete with drinks and ice cream, and provides lessons that introduce students to quick stops, graceful turns, and Vlad, the talking roller skate.


Ohhhh how I want to meet "Vlad." (And what the hell kind of name is that for a talking roller skate? Not that I can think of anything better off the top of my head...) Might have to sign up for that reason alone.


Plus of course for the chance to couple skate. Which for some reason always reminds me of the Chicago song "Look Away." Ah, memories.

No comments:

Post a Comment