Friday, March 16, 2012

Spring Break: wish you were here. (or I was there.)



You can tell it's spring break because there's less traffic, the gym is empty, and ahhhh no 20-mph school zones. And I'm jealous. I could really use a spring break. The beach sounds damn good right about now. I never really had the "spring break WOOHOO!" that everyone else gets, although there were some memorable attempts.


Junior year of high school, my mom and grandmother took me and my friend on college visits for spring break. How very mature of us. And we couldn't even have snuck out of the Hampton Inn to party college-style because most of the schools were on spring break, too. Curses.


Senior year, everyone was going to Cancun. And so was I, until I decided to have a party when my parents were out of town. I proceeded to get busted and grounded. (But totally worth it - that party was legen-wait for it-dary.)


In college, I stupidly graduated early so only had three spring break opportunities, the first of which was spent touring a sorority sister around Dallas. Which sadly included country dancing at Red River. Yeehaw, indeed.


Sophomore year I was studying abroad in Spain, which totally didn't suck. I think for "spring break" we went to Italy, which also didn't suck. But it wasn't exactly the wet t-shirt contest woohoo-fest that one thinks of when one thinks of spring break.


The best attempt to capture the woohoo was junior year, when we drove from Chapel Hill to Daytona Beach. (woohoo!) It was fairly chilly and very cheesy, but certainly got close to that elusive spring break that everyone hopes for (?). Plus I came back uber tan, which really is the whole point.

No comments:

Post a Comment