Friday, March 30, 2012

Luby Tuesdays

Bought a bag of Super Bubble yesterday. Semi-pointless, as the stuff loses flavor after like two chews, but the smell is awesome and it brings back memories of eating at Luby's Cafeteria with my grandparents growing up. (They used to have a bowl of gum at the cash register and I was always sticking my grubby mitts in there to grab a handful.)

Ah, Luby's. Home of the early bird special. I seriously think we would go at like 5pm for dinner. I usually opted for the chicken-fried steak (yes, this was back in the day when I ate meat. And fried stuff.), and Grandad would opt for the liver and onions. Which terrified me back then, and still does to this day. And oh the desserts. Chocolate cream pie, anyone? (At 5:15pm? Don't mind if I do.)


Couple that with a glass of milk and a side order of fried okra (and potentially green Jello - because there's always room), and you had yourself a pleasant little evening. Or afternoon.


No comments:

Post a Comment