Monday, March 5, 2012

Mum's the word

At the movies yesterday, saw a preview for 21 Jump Street. Which actually looks pretty funny. Although let's not kid ourselves: Channing Tatum is no Johnny Depp. And neither is Jonah Hill. Hell - Jonah's not even Richard Grieco. But it did get me thinking - there are so many TV shows turned into movies...I'm still waiting for Punky Brewster and My So-Called Life to hit the big screen.

And speaking of going back to high school (21 Jump Street's premise...follow me here), I also watched another ridiculous episode of Big Rich Texas and the moms were putting mums together for Homecoming. Had a flashback to senior year, one of the two years I was invited to Homecoming (cue pity party). For some reason I didn't get a mum, so at the football game I happened to find a discarded one in the parking lot that had obviously been run over by a car, and pinned it to my shirt. Classy. And probably why I didn't get invited more than twice.

No comments:

Post a Comment