Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Where's a good storm cellar when you really need one.


Was working "late" last night (6pm! Way to burn the midnight oil!), and a co-worker came up to me and told me to go home. I laughed it off, thinking about how hard-working I must have looked, but he got dead serious and said "a storm's a-comin'." (Okay, he didn't say "a-comin'," but how awesome would it have been if he did.)


So I checked the latest Dopler radar, and although it wasn't as ridiculous as the above, it was close. Lots of red. And purple. And black. And white. (What the hell is white?! "Weather's so bad you're dead and gone to heaven?!") That can't be good.


I hauled ass home, but started to wonder - if I get pulled over for speeding, can I use "trying to outrun a tornado" as an excuse? I mean, the cop probably doesn't want to be caught in one, either - so maybe they just let people speed to safety? (Note: right after this thought crossed my mind I saw a guy get pulled over. So apparently Mother Nature shouldn't screw with the Dallas Police Department.)

No comments:

Post a Comment