Friday, March 2, 2012

I'm such a March Madness snob.

As the NCAA tournament looms, I've been obsessing about what seed UNC will get. 1? (doubtful.) 2? (probable.) And no matter how much I try to prepare myself, it will still make me cringe if/when we don't get the 1-seed. But then yesterday, a co-worker told me that he was so excited, as his alma mater has a chance to play in their conference final next weekend for an automatic bid for the first time in a LONG time. And that's all I needed to snap out of my "we're #2" pity party. Um, a 2-seed is still amazeballs. Especially when you think about the cutie patoot teams who are just so excited to go to the Big Dance at all. (And no, they probably don't like being called "cutie patoots," but whatever.)

1 comment:

  1. I know. CSU is a reach bubble team, but they are sooooo excited at the POSSIBILITY of going to the dance. But I refuse to be humble. Got enough of THAT 2 years ago!

    ReplyDelete