Tuesday, September 21, 2010

The DMV is sucking my will to live

You all may remember a post a few months ago where I was complaining about not receiving my new driver's license. Well, guess what - I still haven't gotten it. And two temporary licenses have expired in the process. Finally went again this morning and their computer said it was "ready to mail" - which means it hasn't even been MAILED yet. So they started over and re-took my photo and I'm oddly optimistic that in 3-6 weeks I might actually have a driver's license.

Some thoughts about the DMV...
1. I got there at like 7:40 so I could be first in line when they opened at 8. Wrong - there was already a line around the building.
2. The crowd at the DMV is always very diverse. And lots of different languages spoken. It's like the poor man's United Nations.
3. Note to the man in line next to me: your cologne was way too strong and also smelled not good. Almost made me throw up in my mouth a little bit.
4. Note to the white trash chick whose phone kept going off with different - yet equally loud - ringtones - telling people to "smile!" while they're getting their picture taken for their driver's license really isn't necessary.
5. You actually COULD tell the people working at the DMV to "smile!" - they all looked like they wanted to kill someone. And it was only 8:15 a.m.
6. Love how many people show up totally clueless as to what they need. One lady tried to use her credit card as a form of identification. Another hadn't been to driver's ed and wanted a license. Although they way people drive, most of us don't really remember what you learned in driver's ed anyway.

Please god don't make me have to go back there. It's going to haunt me in my dreams.

No comments:

Post a Comment