Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Maybe he should have left the mask ON (and other Bachelorette commentary)

Oh lord this episode was a doozy. Ashley must be absolutely mortified watching it now and learning what was said behind her back. And yes, I'm referring to Bentley. What a total douchebag. (Side bar: why was "douchebag" bleeped out? I swear I've heard it all over prime time television lately...) I was so afraid they were going to sleep together when he was trying to simultaneously turn her on and dump her - classy, dude.

WHY are there so many dances on this show. I had to fast-forward through the entire flash mob sequence - so embarrassing for all involved. Including the Far East Movement. Oof.

Poor masked Jeff. Loved everyone's reaction when he finally took the mask off - they might as well have just cued the Debbie Downer music. Even the hawk and the squirrel were not impressed. And then the ceremonial burning of the mask when he didn't get picked - what a cheese-tastic moment. Thanks, ABC. But a question: hadn't she already seen him un-masked in the photo room before the last two rose ceremonies??? WTF.

The roast was such a bad call. I mean, that's just ASKING for trouble and hurt feelings. And sure enough, William took one for the team. I like him less and less with each passing week. Bad idea jeans to make the Emily comparison, man. And all the "Ashley is so flat" jokes? What are we, 12?

Follow this with the Bentley Brush-off, and it was a rough week for Ash. But all that hysterical crying? Pull yourself together, woman. It's just going to get worse...

Finally, I'm giving my first impression rose to Chris freaking Harrison. Loved his pep talk and guy advice. He is precious. And has the easiest job in America.

2 comments:

  1. I am mesmerized...and I don't even watch it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You get all the info in two minutes, as opposed to wasting two hours of your life every week. You're welcome. :)

    ReplyDelete