Friday, June 24, 2011

Packing = dust bunnies and dusty memories

About 75% packed (damn you, dishes, for taking like 3 hours last Sunday), and it's so interesting to see what I have managed to amass. I've been in my current apartment for 6 (!) years, and that has been the easiest decision-making factor: if I haven't opened this cabinet/CAN'T open it in 6 years, TOSS.

Having central air will allow me to TOSS the five fans I have stashed around in an attempt to not die from heat stroke in the summer.

Having a dishwasher will allow me to TOSS the drying rack where a plate once fell and sliced open my leg, resulting in 9 stitches. (Again, why I now use plastic dishes.)

And more closet space will allow me to not only KEEP my ridiculous amount of clothes/shoes/purses, but hopefully to buy more! (Although my new hefty rent will put the kibosh on that fairly quickly.)

Here's to my final week on Hawthorne. It was fun while it lasted. But it lasted about two years too long. :)

4 comments:

  1. Are you staying in actual Dallas or have you given up and decided to move to suburban hell (i.e. Plano, Frisco, etc.)?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh hell no on suburban living. Moving to the Renaissance at Turtle Creek. Even FURTHER into Uptown. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Hawthorne, how I miss thee. *sniff*

    ReplyDelete
  4. thank goodness - I was starting to worry about you.

    ReplyDelete