Thursday, June 23, 2011

Total Recall

I really don't understand why people send the email recall. 99% of the time, people already read the original email anyway. And by trying to recall it, it draws more attention to whatever the hell the email said. Example: I emailed a colleague in London yesterday, asking for Flip-cam videos for our quarterly update meeting. She wrote me back early this morning (at least, early Dallas time) saying she was too busy for this. Which I thought was a little snooty, but hey - it's England. They're supposed to be snooty.

And then an hour later, she recalled the email. She probably thought it was 4am in Dallas, and I wouldn't have opened the first one. I guess she doesn't know I get up at 3 to work out. For once my insane schedule comes in handy! So I got into the office and replied (very sweetly, I might add) back to her, using the ORIGINAL email so she would know I totally saw it. This all should make for some fun times when I go to the London office next month.

1 comment: